If crooked, uneven teeth have you feeling self-conscious about your smile, instant orthodontics with porcelain veneers may be right for you. Instant orthodontics with porcelain veneers can transform your smile in as little as two dental visits, without the pain or discomfort of traditional metal braces. Learn more about instant orthodontics treatment in this overview from Pittsburgh cosmetic dentist Timothy Sluser.
What Is Instant Orthodontics with Porcelain Veneers?
Instant orthodontics with porcelain veneers is a treatment designed to create an even, aligned smile instantly and without the need for traditional orthodontics. With instant orthodontics, porcelain veneers are used to mimic the results of traditional orthodontics by masking dental flaws and mild alignment issues.
After we determine that a patient is a good candidate for instant orthodontics, treatment can begin. Two dental appointments are required for instant orthodontic treatment; far less than the monthly dental visits required for traditional orthodontics. During the first appointment, the teeth are prepared for the porcelain veneers. This is done by numbing the gums, cleaning the teeth, and removing a thin layer of the tooth's enamel. A small amount of enamel must be removed to allow the veneers to sit flush on the teeth. Once prepared, impressions are taken of the teeth and sent to a dental lab where each porcelain veneer is custom-crafted. Temporary veneers are placed while patients await their customized veneers.
When the porcelain veneers are ready, the patient will attend a second dental appointment. During this dental visit, the temporary veneers are removed, and the permanent veneers are checked for proper fit and appearance. Once any adjustments are made, the veneers are bonded to the teeth with dental cement, followed by a final cleaning and polishing to complete the treatment.
The Benefits of Instant Orthodontics
Instant orthodontics and porcelain veneers offer many benefits. You may want to consider instant orthodontics for the following reasons:
- Fast results: Unlike traditional orthodontics, which often require more than 12 months of treatment, instant orthodontics provides instant results.
- Pain-free: Traditional metal orthodontics can poke and irritate the inner lip and tongue, making them painful and uncomfortable. With instant orthodontics, patients skip the pain and discomfort of metal braces.
- Comfortable: Porcelain veneers feel just like your natural teeth, making instant orthodontics comfortable and convenient.
- Easy to care for: Caring for porcelain veneers is as simple as caring for your natural teeth, unlike traditional braces which require special care and attention.
- No need for metal braces: With instant orthodontics, you can skip the need for noticeable metal braces.
Find Out if Instant Orthodontics Is Right for You!
Instant orthodontics is ideal for masking many dental issues that previously could only be treated with traditional orthodontics. Though many alignment issues can be corrected with instant orthodontics, they are not suitable for everyone. To find out if instant orthodontics is right for you, we invite you to schedule a consultation with Dr. Sluser today.